Sales lead management is a skill and a science. Those who master it gain market share faster than their competitors. Those who don’t lag and suffer with high marketing costs, missed quotas, sales channel turnover and missed forecasts. The thousands of “vendors” in the field of sales lead management, be they software agencies, web applications or lead generation specialists, all have a part in this growing field. Inspiring leaders in this field are often the disrupters that challenge the status quo and bring new leadership to their sales and marketing departments, and entrepreneurial thinking to software and web applications that make salespeople and marketers more efficient. These are inspiring leaders that create wealth for their companies while serving the needs of the buyers.
It is our goal, therefore, to continue our recognition of sales lead management leadership (7 Year Program: 50 Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management) with the 40 Most Inspiring Leaders in Sales Lead Management.
Inspiring Leadership is different from influential leadership. We believe inspirational leadership is based on thought leadership applied to problem solving. An inspirational leader may lead his or her salespeople, the company they work for, the industry they serve or the customers they accommodate. They lead people and companies to be more productive in marketing and sales disciplines; they are often agents of change.
As author James Allen said in his book, “As A Man Thinketh”, “All that man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts.” The application of thoughts to problems and the carrying through of those thoughts into action is necessary to grow companies and there is no better place to apply these thoughts in business than the field of sales lead management. Are you ready to nominate someone who inspires you?
Nomination Period: October 1 – Nov 3, 2017
We request that you nominate people in one of the four categories and give us three short reasons why you consider them inspiring leaders in sales lead management.
- B2B and B2C Marketing Management and Sales Management
- B2B and B2C C-Level Management
- People in Lead Generation companies (including agencies – consultancies – database providers – fulfillment telemarketing – trade show vendors – etc.)
- People in software and web applications that pertain to sales lead management
The Election: November 7 – December 6, 2017
The list of nominees will be published on this website.
The results will be announced December 15.
- You must be a member of the SLMA to Nominate and to vote.
- An individual may only be nominated in ONE category.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- A person nominating someone must list
- nominee’s name
- email address (for notification only)
- phone number
- company website link
- their LinkedIn, Google+ and/or Twitter profile links
- a 50-word statement of their contributions this year. Counts toward 25% of the value.
- For credibility, you may list their LinkedIn, Google+ and/or Twitter profile links so we can follow up to see how others regard them and review their contributions.
- A nominated person does not have to be a member of the SLMA to be in the top 40.
- Nominations will be published for membership and visitors to view.
- The person nominated must be active in business sometime in 2017 (retirees count, deceased nominees count if they were active in business sometime in 2017).
- International nominees count, this is not limited to business people from the United States of America.
- You must be a member of the SLMA to vote.
- Members cannot vote for nominees multiple times.
- Members may cast one vote for one person per category. Voters have to be members of the SLMA so we can limit ballots to one per person.
- Invalid votes: multiple votes from one person submitted by people using fake email addresses will be detected and destroyed by our program.
- A company may not have more than two people as a winner per category.
- The top vote getters in each category will be listed sequentially.
- Members of the Advisory Board are eligible for nomination. Immediate members of the SLMA management staff (Obermayer, Friedman, Campanale, Goodman, Hall and Finch) are not eligible for nomination. SLMA Sponsors may be nominated.
This year we have added a panel of judges to review the nominations, vote totals, and choose the top ten in each category based on valid votes. The role of the judges is to be sure the person is valid in a category and the votes are valid. Judges may be nominated, but they will not judge their category.